5 Benefits of Reflective Roof Coating
No one likes a leaky roof. This is why reflective roof coatings, which are usually made from a combination of industrial white paint and aluminum compounds, are so important and beneficial. The sun’s constant rays can wreak havoc on our roof and eventually the structure of our roof can become weak and you will start to notice more and more leaks and other problems, like decreased energy efficiency. Painting your roof with a reflective coating is a solution to a number of these problems. Also, it will make your roof look great. Here are five benefits of a reflective roof coating.
- It will extend the lifespan of your roof. If you just installed your roof, or if you are worried about age catching up with your current roof, installing a reflective roof coating can extend the life of your roof and protect it from further damage. Things like sun, rain, snow and moisture can start to do a lot of damage to your roof. Without a protective covering, you start to notice more and more leaks and other issues that can be a result of a weather damage.
- It’s sustainable. Reflective roofs last a long time, so you don’t have to constantly refinish your roof every couple of summers. In fact, reflective roofs have been used for decades in commercial and residential applications. What time has shown is that many of these reflective roofs last between 20 to thirty years. Also, many of the companies that provide reflective roof installation and renovation services will offer a warranty. If you are trying to find a solution to protect your roof, perhaps a reflective roof coating is the very best option for you. Who knows, you might learn more about yourself with all the time and money you save.
- It’s more affordable. Studies have shown that by installing a reflective roof you can save hundreds of thousands of dollars in possible damages. A full roof renovation can cost upwards of $200,000. Also, because your roof is protected, you don’t need to worry about retiling or refinishing the roof, which could save you thousands of dollars every time you have to put that ladder against the side of the house. When it comes down to it, applying a reflective roof coating is a smart financial investment.
- Energy efficiency. There are a few different reasons as to why protective roof coatings are so environmentally friendly. For one, you don’t have to deal with major construction on your roof every couple of years, so there is much less waste being buried in already overcrowded landfills. Not only that, but by having a reflective roof, you can effectively reflect the sun, which can reduce your need to rely on the air conditioning system in the summertime.
- It’s attractive. Reflective roof coatings are one of the most attractive roof treatments you can get. And with all the amazing benefits, it makes a reflective roof coating even more of an attractive deal. If you want to make your house look great and save money doing it, simply apply a reflective roof – you won’t be sorry.
More to Read: