Maintenance of Stainless Steel Balustrade
One of the biggest draws of installing and using a Stainless Steel Balustrade in your interior design is how sturdy and impervious they are. They are anti-corrosive, look simple but luxurious, and can elevate your entire interior design.
Years of abuse won’t see them break, flake, crack like wood or traditional rails, but they can’t withstand that punishment forever. You need to take care of the stainless steel to get the best utility from it over time, otherwise, you might as well start investing in a replacement.
How to Maintain your Stainless Steel Balustrade:
Here’s a practical guide to effectively maintaining your stainless balustrades and keeping them looking new for longer.
- Use Mild Detergent: Use dish soap and only mild detergent to clean your balustrades. Harsh chemicals can cause the coating on the steel to break down and leave spots on the steel which can ruin their spotless look. Also, make sure to wipe down the balustrade for any dust or stain before you start cleaning with some detergent. Keep your hands light while you work. You’ll be less likely to damage the steel.
- Remove scratches and Stains: When you encounter scratches or stains, use soft-bristle brushes to work them out. Make sure to do with repeated rubbing in one direction. Otherwise, you might create scratches on the balustrade. When you’re done, wipe down the entire steel Balustrade with a handkerchief.
- Look into a recommended Steel balustrade cleaner: You might not know this, but there are stainless steel balustrade cleaners designed to help you minimize scratches or stains. They are also great for polishing the surfaces and leaving them cleaner and shinier. Every Balustrade cleaning solution is not made equal, so make sure to read the instructions before you purchase or use the product. We recommend a final towel buffer to get a final tidy look.
- Get Rid of Rust: If you live in a place with high humidity or air-borne pollutants, then it’s likely that your steel balustrade will rust quicker than most, especially if they’re outside. As the dust settles on the steel, it will gradually absorb moisture, and that will cause rust and corrosion down the line. Using a protective product like wax or dedicated finishes can help keep moisture off your Balustrade and prevent rusting.
- Never use harsh or abrasive products on your balustrade: Abrasive powders, brass, and silver cleaners will ruin the finish of your stainless steel balustrade if you apply them often enough. We recommend safer quality products like mild detergent for cleaning. You also need to stay away from Sandpaper, steel wool, chlorine, and hydrochloric acids to keep your steel rust, stain, and scratch-free.
Balustrade installation and maintenance are important to maintaining proper home decor and not a lot of people pay attention to it. To get the best results, to get the best long term results, we recommend regular and consistent cleaning with good-quality cleaning products and polishing with wax and other preservatives.