Top 5 Landscape Design Tips
Summer is almost here and now is the perfect time to redesign your front and backyard, or your outdoor living space. Whether you live alone or with a family, landscaping can enliven your home and can even increase the resale value of your property. Best of all, there are a number of options to choose from, which range from easy and inexpensive to advanced and a little more costly. If you decide to put a little bit more of an investment into your landscaping choices be sure that they are to the benefit of the home’s value and the community. If you make a small adjustments make sure that they benefit the overall aesthetic of the property. Here are the top 5 landscape design tips.
- Always choose plants and flora that are appropriate for a certain climate. If you live on the East Coast of the United States it is probably not a good idea to plant any type of cacti or palm trees. You probably want to plant something like an evergreen tree or some type of grass that can survive the harsh winters. You can usually look up online what the best plants are or consult with a nursery in your area.
- Next, be sure not to make it too crowded. If you are planting a number of trees, be sure to plant them far away from each other, especially if you know that in a certain amount of years they might grow into each other, which can be unhealthy and unsightly for your yard. Be sure to know the height of plants too and sow accordingly.
- Make sure never to have any kind of backyard or frontyard furniture that clashes with the color of the plants and flowers you have planted. There are a number of different types of outdoors furniture to fit a number of different styles. Moreover, there are plenty of styles of lounge chairs, benches, swings and umbrellas to fit your specific style.
- Keep the outdoor accessories to a minimum. Typically, you don’t want to have too many sculptures, lawn gnomes, or pink flamingos. You don’t want your yard to look like a set from a 1970s movie. Be sure to keep it classy and if you do have any outdoor sculptures be sure that it matches and doesn’t stand out too much.
- Lastly, if you have a certain vision or a sketch of your perfect yard, but don’t know how to execute it, don’t attempt it. You can actually do more harm than good by attempting any major landscaping renovations yourself. If you have a certain idea in mind or perhaps you have drafted a sketch, you can contact a professional landscaper, like RTC landscaping. They can work with you to make your dream backyard or frontyard really come to life. If you want beautiful stone walkways, bright green grass and other features, a professional landscaper has the tools and the know how to make it happen. A professional landscaper can also work with a specific budget, so you aren’t spending more than you wanted to.