Moving Home: Tips for Furniture Care
When moving home, it’s important to ensure that you have the correct furniture care for everything you are choosing to keep and move over to your new property. From antique purchases and second hand collector’s pieces, art sculptures and expensive artifacts to simple flat pack furniture and a modern three piece suite, thinking about furniture care prior to moving is very important.
To ensure that your furniture arrives in your new property looking the same as it did before, take a look at our top tips for furniture care when moving home.
Furniture Care during Builds or Relocation
If you are renovating or building a new home, it’s important that you have the right services at your finger tips to keep your furniture looking in tip top condition.
- Furniture storage solutions – if you are in the middle of managing a build and you have nowhere to keep your existing furniture, it’s important to arrange for storage to keep everything in one place. Storage is available across the nation and if you shop around, you will find a cost effective solution.
- Furniture covers – if your furniture comes with a cover, always make sure you keep it somewhere for the future. Furniture protection covers are available to buy from various furniture retailers or from the internet and they can provide complete coverage from top to bottom and often comes with a securing belt to keep it in place.
- Use polyethylene wrap – stretch wrap is an industry wrap, often used for pallets. But it can also be used to keep things protected from air and moisture. This airtight solution is great protection for furniture whilst in storage and can ensure that your furniture doesn’t suffer from the hot / cold or wet / dry elements.
- Use a trusted courier to deliver your furniture – choose a courier who can cater for your needs. If you need your furniture to looked after in the special way (eg: antiques or expensive artwork), contact a courier who can provide specialist care. For quick national or international deliveries that are convenient and stress free, you can also find a same day courier.
- Make a note of fragile items – fragile items need to be cared for in a different way when moving them from one property to another. When in storage, ensure that everything is marked with a ‘Fragile’ label or sticker so that anyone moving them around at a later date will know that your item can break or damage easily. When moving them from addresses, choose a courier service who have experience working with fragile artwork or fragile items.
More to Read: